Thursday, September 24, 2009

art lesson to remember


Davis and I love to do special things together when "sister goes to bed." This is usually my cue that he's ready to play... "Is it time for sister to go night night?" This morning during her morning nap we decided to break out his new paint set. I fell in love with step-by-step drawing when I taught at Cornelia Elementary. We had a fabulous art teacher and my fellow teacher friends would tell you how much I obsessed over teaching kids how to draw. This morning I taught Davis how to paint a rainbow. You should have seen his little eyes light up when he saw his final product... We headed outside with our chalk and drew pigs, trees, bugs, and he even showed me how to write the letters in his name. Maybe, just maybe...he's a blooming artist? I'd love it- I am certainly not an artist, but like to be "artsy!" I felt the same way today as I used to feel when I'd see those precious students gain confidence in their drawing abilities.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! One like that would look great with Nana's red couch! Good job, Davis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Davis' rainbow is beautiful! I love his proud grin. You sure do fun projects for some one who is not an artist!

    Oh, yeah, I also like to think that someone in a boat in the bay behind the house might be seeing Davis' little white hiney! LOL!

    ReplyDelete