Wednesday, November 18, 2009

just me today

This picture is what I look like everyday. (minus the shower & makeup- ha!) I'm ok with this...in fact, I'm more than ok with this. My kids and I have the privilege of spending every single day together. And with Shane being gone these few weeks...all night too. I absolutely love being at home and watching them grow into little people full of life. I feel like this year we are really getting to know each other inside and out and I know that's what God had in store for our family. I'm trying to enjoy every second because I know it's back to the grind next year in the classroom.
This morning I don't look like this photo. I'm just me and it feels really good too. I went to the grocery store alone....and will admit that I shed a few tears in the baby food aisle when I realized I don't have to go down that aisle anymore. I think just being alone and really thinking about making healthier choices for dinner was the best part. Instead of shoving cookies down their throat and lord knows what else JUST to keep them quiet.... But, bringing them is quite fun too. More people stop and talk when there are two cuties waving. This morning has been great and has made me appreciate a quiet house and a list that's being checked off for once!
Better run and enjoy just being Me.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy every minute of your "just me" day. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be my favorite post yet...because it is the "me" that I love so much. You are a great mom in case you didn't tell yourself that while you were alone. Glad you got some "me" time, makes "we" time so much more fun.
    I love you and your sweet little self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture of you and your babies!!!!! Love this post. Praying for you guys while Shane is away. Not too much longer now......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...one of my favorite posts!! I'm so glad you guys are around for a little while. We have enjoyed having our incredibly fun friends around. Thanks for reminding me to savor the quiet and the non-quiet...both precious times!

    P.S. Even though you may not think you often look like that photo...you always do (smiling, glowing, happy & fun - especially when your kids are around!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you have this time with them, making fun memories and I am glad you got a little break too. I too will join you at the chalkboard next year. Going back to the classroom is bitter sweet; I love teaching, but I also love being with my babies.

    Ohhhhh by the way, I am glad I am not the only one who cries over baby food. Brennan has just started and I cry every time I buy it because I know it will be my last!

    Also, I agree with Laura, you do always look that great!

    ReplyDelete