Davis doesn't take naps anymore. So, to pass some "quite time", I've always let him color, cut, glue, read, etc. in his bed. He has always done great and it keeps him quiet for at least an hour. Some of my friends think i'm crazy, but Davis is really a "pleaser" and loves to do the right thing...so we knew he'd be ok left alone with those things. OR, so we thought.
He was drawing a beautiful picture of his Nana. He came to show me his picture and then I quickly directed him back to his room. It was quiet. But, I thought nothing. He's a pretty quiet little guy. I go back to check on him and he's sitting on his carpet. HIS BRAND NEW CARPET....IN OUR RENTAL HOUSE! I look down and my heart sinks. It was the largest...I'm talking 3ft. X 3ft. drawing with black crayon. I said, Davis..what in the world have you done??? He quickly said, "It's a Pig, do you like it?"
His body was huge. The legs extended all the way under his bed. He proudly wrote a "P" next to his drawing. And, he never does anything wrong. I was really mad though. I took a deep breath and walked out. (after removing all the art supplies!) I had decided to take a break before thinking about the next step.
Shane came home and had a very looong & serious talk with him. They were about 4 minutes in and Carson goes be-bopping back to his room. In her high-pitched sweet voice she yells,
Shane came home and had a very looong & serious talk with him. They were about 4 minutes in and Carson goes be-bopping back to his room. In her high-pitched sweet voice she yells,
"Oook Daddy, It's bubbie's Chicken!"
Davis quickly replies, "It's a pig, Carson."
Shane and I held back the laughter and thank goodness for WD40...now all we have is this picture to remember the pig.
Oh my heavens. I can't imagine walking in on that, although I have walked in on other horrible things as a mom! So glad it came out and you can giggle about it now!
ReplyDeleteyikes! glad it came out. yes, i'm one of your friends that can't believe Davis is able to cut and draw unsupervised. he truly is a little genius. guess you've been stifiling (sp?) his creativity too much with those tiny canvases of construction paper...he needed a bigger stage to display his talents!
ReplyDeletep.s. SOOOO glad you got a pic!