Monday, July 12, 2010

it's all about contentment

We've spent a lot of long hours on the beach.  Getting really sandy & sometimes wet.  Contentment in this atmosphere is quite different for my two children.
Miss Priss sometimes doesn't like to wear panties on the beach.  She sometimes wants to change her clothes 10 times (thank goodness her mama packs accordingly).  Sometimes she likes a bathing suit, sometimes she prefers her "dwesses".  Always the sunglasses...always.
This was her wardrobe one particular day this weekend.  In her defense, it was so stinkin' hot so she was dipping in the pool in between sandcastle building and giving her baby baths. 
We do what we can to make you happy sweet girl.
Mr. Davis is quite opposite.  Give him a bathing suit that stays up without showing his booty, a swimshirt to keep the sand off his belly, glasses that don't pitch his ears, and a hat and he's good.  Just like his daddy.  And Carson is well, just like... not sure who. 

You know how the old saying goes about mama being happy.
 Not in the home of toddlers...  When Davis & Carson aren't happy, ain't nobody happy!


3 comments:

  1. I can not wait for all the fun times that are ahead of us. I feel like I know your children from these posts and from our short visits....but I want to REALLY get to know them. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! carson just likes to make sure her whole wardrobe gets a workout and enjoys the sand and surf :)...I'm guessing so does your washing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one of my fav posts ever! they are so different & i love it! kiss those sandy toes & cheeks for us!

    ReplyDelete